Are you interested in becoming a mechanical engineer? Or do you just have a passion to work with machines and tools? Maybe you don’t know how to use any kind of tool but want to learn, either one would lead you to the mechanical team.
In this sub-team the team works with hands on machines and power tools.
- They are able to make the outline of the robot and make awesome designs within the basic outline.
- Though this team has its own task they work closely with each team to see what requirements they need to meet in order for the robot to run.
- Get the experience of working with a team.
- Get the hands on experience before going to college.
- We have several ways you can get certified in using machine equipment, high school classes and summer camps are a few ways this can happen.
- Access to over 14 million dollars in scholarships for colleges
Do you like electronics? Are you thinking about becoming an electrical engineer? Or do you just have an interest in electrical components and want to learn how they work? If you answered yes to any of these questions then you would be a great fit for this teams electrical sub-team.
- This team is particularly responsible for giving the robot its energy to function.
- They make electrical boards with jaguars, C-RIO’s, spikes, gyros, and much more.
- This team works incredibly close with the programming team.
Do you like computers? A lot? Do you like being able to tell an object what to do, or even program what it’s going to do? Have you ever wanted to give codes like C++, RobotC, Python, Java, etc a try? This team makes the robot come to life.
- Learn how to use C++ to program the robot
- Use Java and HTML/CSS/PHP for websites
- Learn how to make a robot move forward and backwards, even side to side!
Do you consider yourself creative? Do you like throwing out ideas? Or maybe you like drawing ideas and/or writing equations to a design, then you would be a great asset to this sub-team. If you would like to be a part of this sub-team and another sub-team that’s perfectly okay.
- Almost the whole team participates in the design stage and then goes to their next sub-team to start building that design
- This sub-team is pretty much responsible for making the blue print of the robot.
- Those who stay in the design team are needed to design that blue print in CAD so the team has a visual of what the robot will look like when completed.
Do you have team spirit? Do you have a nitch for decorating? Maybe you’re an artistic person and like creating new ways to pump up the crowd. Being involved with the spirit team could be your match.
- Decorates the team’s competition pit area
- Decorates the team’s booths at events
- Wears or makes spirit apparel
- Cheers on their team as well as other teams
Are you one of those people who can talk to anybody no matter the situation and gets along great with anyone? Maybe you’re social and like giving presentations to people. Or maybe you just like the business side of things. Are you thinking about going to school for a business degree? If you said yes to any of these then the team cordially invites you to join as soon as possible.
- Makes presentations and slide shows
- Makes promotional videos of the team
- Takes pictures to document the teams achievements
- Presents to companies and schools
- Presents at competition for the Chairman Award
- Becomes a spokesperson of the team
- Writes grants
- Writes reports and documents
- So much more!
Do you like the art of photography and/or video production and want to experience a new way to develop those skills? Are you interested in robots and want to use different techniques of photo shooting these contraptions? You should become a photgrapher of the team!
- Makes outreach/promotional videos
- Learn how to edit videos and make them professional
- Learn the different ways to capture pictures in a variety of settings
Do you browse the web a lot? Have you ever wondered what it takes to run a website? Maybe you just like being a maintence tech and keep a website updated with all the latest news and events. Whatever your reason for being interested in the design of websites, you should join our web team.
- Learn about Word Press
- Be able to put all the new data and events up for everyone to see
- Learn HTML for basic texts
- And more!